2018 HR Conference / Tuesday - April 3, 2018 / 8:00 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
The Chamber and the Chippewa Valley Society of Human Resource Management (CVSHRM) will present its sixth annual Human Resource Conference specifically geared for human resource professionals, small business owners and managers. The conference will provide a variety of sessions to keep the HR professional or business owner in the know about key issues affecting the workforce. SHRM and HRCI credit approval is pending.
Welcome and Opening Keynote: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
The conference will begin with a keynote presentation from decision from Jim Chiolino, the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s Equal Rights Division (ERD) deputy administrator and deputy, Labor Standards Bureau on ERD issues and trends, including proposed rule changes and legal decision This "what's up" in Wisconsin labor and employment law opening session is a "can't miss" opportunity!
After the keynote session, attendees will have the opportunity to attend four of the following breakout sessions:
- Beyond the Retirement Plan: Financial Wellness in the Workplace by Allison Krause
- Providing a Reasonable Accommodation: How Far Do You Have to Go? by Dean Dietrich of Ruder Ware LLSC
- Career Planning Strategies to Engage Your MVPs by Kristin Schmidt and Nan Pum of M3 Insurance
- Tactical Human Resource Marketing by Chris Herzog and Sarah Stokes of Stokes + HERZOG
- Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose, Harvey Weinstein, Bill O'Reilly, Who's Next? Are You Prepared For Harassment Allegations in Your Workplace? by Sara Ackermann of Ruder Ware
- Trends in Worksite Wellness by Celestee Roufs of Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire
- Lifesaving Tips When Facing an Armed Intruder or Active Shooter at Your Company by Ted Hayes, M3 Insurance
- Working from Home: Employment-Related Issues, Concerns and Pitfalls by Bryan Symes of Weld Riley, SC
- The Future of HR: Promoting Business Success in a Changing Global Workplace by Callie Zipple of the Society of Human Resource Management
- Horray! by Holly Hakes of REALiving
- Employment Law Update: Leaves of Absence in Worker’s Compensation, Employment Law & How to Effectively Use Them by Walker Stutzman and Steve Weld of Weld Riley, SC
- Alzheimer’s: A Business Calamity by Lisa Wells of Aging & Disability Resource Center
- How to Manage HR Projects Like a Champ! by Jessica Barnier of University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education
- Establishing and Maintaining Trust in a Distrustful World by Deb Clarke of Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Youth Apprenticeships – What’s In It For Me? by Glen Schraufnagel and Jenna Hughes of CESA 10
Cost to attend is $89 for Chamber or CVSHRM members and $119 for non-members and includes the keynote presentation, all breakout sessions, and a networking lunch. To sign up for the conference, click the Register Now button or call the Chamber office at 715-834-1204. Registration deadline is Thursday, March 29, 2018.
Please register by visiting the Chamber's website: