2019 HR Conference / Wednesday - April 3, 2019 / 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
The Chamber and the Chippewa Valley Society for Human Resource Management (CVSHRM) will present its seventh annual Human Resource Conference specifically geared for human resource professionals, small business owners and managers. The conference will provide a variety of sessions to keep the HR professional or business owner in the know about key issues affecting the workforce. This program is valid for 5.50 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
Welcome and Opening Keynote: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
The conference will begin with a keynote presentation from Jim Morgan, Vice President of Member Experience for MRA on trends and opportunities for HR professionals in 2019. Talent attraction is like the weather...everyone is talking about it but no one can do anything about it...or can they? All over the upper Midwest, employers and human resources professionals are grappling with attracting, developing, and retaining talent. Jim has been working on that issue for 30 years. He helps employers understand that demographics are driving their troubles and provides solutions for talent acquisition based on best practices. Jim will also look at where we are at in HR today, what’s coming in 2019 and what is keeping HR pros up at night. This opening session is a “can't miss” opportunity!
After the keynote session, attendees will have the opportunity to attend four of the following breakout sessions:
- Act Like a Leader to be Treated Like a Leader by Jim Morgan of MRA
- Making the Overtime Rule Rate Again: Trump DOL’s New Rule and Its Impact by Mindy Dale and Bryan Symes of Weld Riley
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: Prepare for Disruption by Dawn Garcia of Pursuit of Excellence
- What HR Needs to Know About Employment Agreements and Executive Compensation by Mary Ellen Schill
- The Secrets of Effective Training and Making it Stick by Lisa Arendt and Joel Raney of Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Attracting and Hiring Veterans by Eric Killen of Eau Claire County
- Four Ways to Strengthen Your 401K Plan by Beth Erickson and Allyson Krause of Trust Point
- Find Your Purple Squirrel: HR Marketing in 2019 by Chris Herzog of STOKES|HERZOG Marketing+Consulting
- How Owning Your Primary Medical Care Can Enhance Your Benefits Offering by David Usher of ReforMedicine
- The Intersection Between Employee Financial Health, Physical Health and Productivity by Grant Argal, Kristin Schmidt, and Tyler Stutebeck of M3 Insurance
- Prepared Not Scared: How to Respond to an Armed Intruder or Active Shooter by Ted Hayes of M3 Insurance
- The VR Talent Pool, a Growing and Dedicated Workforce by Wade Schench of State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Cost to attend is $89 for Chamber or CVSHRM members and $119 for non-members and includes the keynote presentation, all breakout sessions and a presentation over lunch featuring the Think Eau Claire initiative. To sign up for the conference, click the Register Now button or call the Chamber office at 715-834-1204. Registration deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019.
Please register by visiting the Chamber's website:
Check out the break out sessions below to plan your day!
2019 HR HandoutFINAL.pdf